40 Hour HAZWOPER Training Course
- Developed by OSHA the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard Training ( HAZWOPER Training
) Program was put into practice to help protect workers from hazardous materials on job sites. These regulations were created to ensure the health and safety of workers when followed.
There are no requirements needed for this course.
- Understand the purpose of OSHA and its role in regulating occupational safety
- Use Site Characterization to establish problems that may exist in your workplace and measures that can be implemented to eliminate hazards
- Identify hazardous materials existent in the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure
- Encourage the use of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) to identify and properly handle hazardous materials
- Familiarize yourself with materials, compounds and mixtures that may present flammable, explosive, chemical or radiological hazards
- Emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment in limiting hazardous exposure
- Establish an effective Site Control Program to limit the risk of exposure to only those working in the hazardous work zone
- Implement procedures for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure