4 Hour Supported Scaffold
- According to Local Law 52 workers using supported scaffold structures on New York City construction sites are required to complete the 4-hour supported scaffold course. This course is intended to introduce the proper use of scaffolds and to prepare workers on how to safely work while using scaffolds. The course will review scaffold inspections, recognizing hazards and how to handle emergency situations. This course is designated towards any individual who may use supported scaffolds in New York City, such as construction workers, safety managers, architects, engineers and safety inspectors. Our course is developed by experienced instructors and is in compliance with local law. The course is taught using a combination of power point presentations, videos, hands-on exercises and lectures.
There are no requirements needed to participate in 4 hour supported scaffold course.
This Course is completed in 1-day
. Please see the enrollment page for further details
- Identify the types, nomenclature and definitions of a scaffold.
- List and identity the different types of fall protection needed when working on a scaffold.
- Recognize the permit requirements needed in order to comply with Chapter 33 of the Building Code.
- Describe and identify common supported scaffold hazards.
- Classify the Federal and City scaffold regulations.
- Apply safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision- making.