32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer / Remover -
As per NYC Local Law 52 of 2005, The 32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer / Remover course is required for workers installing, removing or modifying supported scaffolds over 40 feet on Construction Sites in New York City. Instructors will demonstrate safe methods of installation, removal and modification of different types of supported scaffolds using OSHA regulations, DOB standards and good work practice as a guide. Some topics covered during the course will include major scaffold components, importance of proper pre-planning, worker training, and how to read scaffold design drawings. Throughout the course, students will also participate in hands on exercises in which they will build and dismantle supported scaffolds, apply various knots on the rope and demonstrate ability to apply basic rigging techniques. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a 32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover course completion picture ID card that will be valid for 4 years.
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
The course is aimed at experienced workers who will erect, dismantle modify or repair supported scaffolds over 40 feet, safety managers, construction superintendents and individuals who just want to learn more about supported scaffold safety.
- Recognize supported scaffold related terminology and definitions.
- Identify causes of scaffolding accidents and prevention methods.
- Discuss differences between New York City Building Code and OSHA scaffolding regulations.
- Illustrate hazards related to installation/removing and use of supported scaffolds and how to control them.
- Develop a basic knowledge of how to safely install and remove supported scaffold equipment.
- Inspect supported scaffold components using methods learned